Thursday, January 31, 2019

Day Fourteen (Two Weeks) as a Widow


January 31 · 
Well, all the dialysis supplies are gone. I think the house just rose a couple of inches. Picture is of the now dialysis-materials-free closet. Forgot to take a before picture, but it was filled from top to bottom and all the way to the door.



January 31 · 
Day 14 as a widow - there are landmines everywhere - A couple of guys from the dialysis clinic came this morning to take away all the dialysis stuff (probably close to 60 boxes). I helped, because I felt bad that everything was on the second floor. The older gentleman collects records, so I got his name and number for whenever I decide what I'm doing with Jay's record collection. Few unexpected landmines over the last of the dialysis stuff. I spent the afternoon cleaning floors (after I figured out that the belt was worn on the vacuum and bought a new one). Kitty and I then spent some time in the hammock recovering. Few more landmines came while listening to "The Wee Free Men" by Terry Pratchett. Forgot about Granny Aching dying in that book. Some of it hit awfully close to home. Now I'm laying in bed wondering where the hell Jay's keyring is. I went looking for it, because I was going to get his parents' house key off of it, but they weren't in his gray bag where they always are. I've looked everywhere that I can think they could possibly be - no keys. I guess they'll show up when they feel like it.

January 31 · 
Jay would be so proud. I thoroughly mopped the kitchen floor - pulled ALL furniture out (even the little table in the corner - found a large stash of kitty toys under it), swept, and mopped (3 times - twice with pine sol and last rinse with hot water). Then I even mopped the floor in the second bathroom upstairs.

January 31 · 
Love you forever, my Jaybird


No comments: