Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Day Five as a Widow


January 22 · 
Jay's obituary in the newspaper today.


They did a really good job with him.
[I was at Hargett Funeral Home when I posted this.  No pictures were allowed to be posted to social media, so I will not post pictures of him in the casket here either.]


January 22 · 
Love you forever, Jaybird


 


January 22 · 
Day 5 as a widow: Sucky, sucky, sucky day. Had the public viewing of Jay's body. They did a really good job with him. He had gotten so skinny at the end, almost skeletal, but they plumped him up nicely. (I'd post a picture, but the funeral home asked that we not share pictures on social media.) It didn't bother me seeing him, since I was the one who found him dead in the first place. It's just hard dealing with other people's grief. And the constant questions of if I'm alright and what can they do for me. I'm doing as well as can be expected given the circumstances, and I don't know what you can do for me.

On the plus side, Sarah and Jonathan came to the viewing, took me out to lunch afterward, and helped me run a couple of errands. Then they came back to Sadie and Robert's house and checked out my "new" car (anyone want to buy a project car - 1978 Chevy Camaro?). Amy Le from work also came to visit, and we had a nice conversation.

January 22 · 
Love you forever, Jaybird



No comments: