Monday, April 9, 2012

Welcome to the world Zachary Leonard Boyea

My new nephew made his debut on Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 9:37p.m., weighing in at 6 lbs. 14 oz. and measuring 21 1/4 in. long.

Zachary Leonard Boyea


My brother initially said it was a crazy delivery.  Found out later they had to suction him out and the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck four times.  He's still jaundiced and has a biliblanket that has to be wrapped around him at home.  He'd lost 9 oz when they went to the doc on Saturday morning, so they had to supplement the breast feeding with formula.  They hated having to do this.  but these are all minor things, Zachary and my brother and sister-in-law are doing fine.

We went to visit on Saturday.

me and Zachary

I love babies.  They are so sweet and so small and so helpless.  I love their little hands and their little feet and their little ears.  I love the way they smell.  I love how they just automatically cuddle up to you.  I don't even mind when they cry.

I really wish they weren't 3 hours away in Raleigh.  Gas prices are crazy, and I'm already out of money for the month.  :(

This is my favourite picture of all so far:

Timothy (proud daddy) and Zachary
 I get teary-eyed whenever I see it.  Such a sweet picture of my brother and his new little guy.

No comments: