Saturday, February 18, 2012

Baby Shower...

We had Cathy's baby shower today.  Lots of cute baby things... monkey themed.  Hmmm... wonder if that's portentous.  So anyway, it was a nice quiet shower.  We don't really believe in silly games and such at these things.  :-)

Kind of made me a little sad though.  That I'll never get to have a baby shower for me.  No cute little baby clothes or cute little baby rattles or cute little baby toys or cute little baby snot suckers....  the one thing that REALLY got to me though was the baby carrier.  You know one of those things you strap to your body, so that you can carry the baby on your belly/chest or on your back like a backpack.  They didn't actually get one today, but mom was telling them she tried to get them one, but they were sold out.  And I got to thinking about carrying a baby around, all snuggled up, strapped to my belly/chest.  :-(  Made me sad and yearning at the same time.

1 comment:

DB said...

oh friend... I am so there too. I wish I knew a way to make it better for us and I wish I knew the reason why we have to be on this side of the fertility fence. :`(