Thursday, April 17, 2008

Beginnings...

I've never been good at beginnings. Endings either for that matter. I'm most comfortable in the middles, as I am now -- in the middle of my life. Middles are like an old comfortable shoe... fitting every groove, swell, and bend of me. :-)

But beginnings...
... I don't make good first impressions
... I don't think fast on my feet
... I don't instantly warm to people
... Introductions are awkward for me
... I'm not an instigator. Although, I'm not a follower either.

Beginning this blog has taken me almost a year. I signed on in June 2007. Its April 2008 now. I'm late to blogging, I know. I lost touch with some technology when I left college, and then more when my youngest siblings left college. My profession (teaching) doesn't keep me up to date with technology. I have to seek it out on my own.

So I see blogging as a sort of public journal. Which is a problem for me. I keep a journal. However, my journal is VERY private. No one sees my journal, not even my husband (who is pretty much my best friend these days). So the idea of a PUBLIC journal kinda scares me. My thoughts out there for anyone to see? Do I want that? Is anyone really going to care what I have to say? Do I care if anyone cares what I have to say? LOL How arrogant we humans are. LOL

No comments: