Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Five Months as a Widow

June 18
Five months since Jay died... five months as a widow. I was going to write about the loneliness of widowhood and grief, but looking back at month four, I've pretty much covered that already. So I will write about something close to loneliness - missing intimacy. I've never been a touchy-feely kind of person, however Jay very much was. Who knew that one day I'd be yearning for his touch, and I don't mean sex (although I do miss that intimacy as well). I mean the everyday touches, the hugs, the quick kisses in passing, the deep lingering kisses, the knee squeezes while I was driving... every intimacy between people who have been married a long time.


June 9
My first breakfast in the park without my Love... of course, had to get Biscuitville in honor of my Jaybird.

No comments: