Sunday, April 28, 2019

Jay's Birthday - First one since he died

I decided I needed to do something special for Jay's birthday.  After consulting Deloris, I decided a trip to the beach was in order.  I really would have preferred to go to the Outer Banks for this first birthday without him, but that's a long drive for a weekend.  As it was, I asked off work for his actual birthday.  Luckily, it was a Friday.  I decided to go to Carolina Beach, since that was our second go-to for beach time.  I also decided to spread some of his ashes there.  This would be the first spreading of any of his ashes that I'd done.

I arrived to find that my room had been all paid for by my sister Tammy, and then found some lovely flowers in my room from her as well.



I proceeded to light some candles on a donut for Jay's birthday.  He would have been 53.



I got up before the sun the next morning, camped out on the beach, and spread his ashes as the sun rose.



No comments: